View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
02Taco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Consumer Reports only tested one Titan, a 2004 model.

All their subsequent year reviews, including 2008 have read exactly the same: Loud exhaust, poor brakes, yadda yadda yadda.

What was wrong with the brakes, had to do with "brake judder," nothing else.

All the brake issues were resolved by midyear 2005, Nissan replaced the front rotors and pads with a new design, and extended the brake warranty to 5/60,000 for all 2004/2005's whether they were affected or not.

There was never a recall, in fact the only recall I'm aware of that Titan's had, was for a wiring clip that needed to be replaced for the 2006 CC's left rear door power window motor wiring harness.

Why didn't the Titan sell? Lack of advertising on Renault's part is the answer.

For every Titan ad, GM had 100!

Several months ago, Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault-Nissan, in an interview he gave to Automotive News, announced that Titans, Armada's and Infiniti QX56's were to be discontinued after 2008.

When I read that, I knew that once the word got around, the trio's resale value would drop to nothing, because...no one wants to get stuck with an orphan.

Renault owns 33% of Nissan, which by Japanese standards, gives Renault a controlling interest.

It's a fact. The frogs have never been successful selling trucks (and all of their made in France cars) in the US market, they don't understand the US market, and never have.

There have been no French vehicles sold in the US since Peugeot left the US market in the early 1990's.

My dad was the Citroen-Maserati Distributor for the western half of the US for over 25 years. When Citroen was absorbed by Peugeot, he told them to FO after one year.

He said he never, ever met a more pig-headed, stupid group of individuals, who when they knew they had a problem (electrical fires on Peugeots 505's, which destroyed the cars), refused to change one part of its Mickey Mouse electrical system.

It's no wonder former owners of Peugeots call 'em Puked's!

A TERD of a car foisted on the un-suspecting US car buyer, who finally caught on by the late 1980's.
yeah i read that consumer report too. When i saw loud exhaust as a negitive mark i started busting up laughing .