View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Inzax
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Plate Leak and Oil Pump Leak

Bought an 05 F250 10 months ago with 4800 miles on it. Mint condition no repairs needed. The truck now has 14K. During oil change yesterday, dealer informed I had a head gasket leak and an oil pump leak. I have no spots on the driveway. I crawled under the truck from the front on my back. In the middle of the engine compartment looking up, I can see the oil pump leak and oil residue. To the left of that I see what I would call the bed plate. It appears to have a leak toward the front of the truck on the right side.

My understanding of the head gasket area would suggest a slim chance that it would leak oil due to relatively low pressure.

I have an appointment to deal with the issue. Is there a reason for these leaks? Is there something I am doing? The truck is allowed to warm up in cold weather. I use the block heater. I dont beat the engine to death, keeping the turbo PSI well out of the red. I just drive the thing. I haul loads of wood, have never pulled a trailer. I am just a little surprised I have two leaks with such low stress use.