Thread: Salvage yards
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Scotty1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salvage yards

I went to the pull-a-part in Tulsa looking for some parts for a '89 Nissan Maxima 2 years ago. I called todays in advance and called the day I left, just to make sure they acctually had the car (I know how some of those Pull it yourself places are).

I get there ask where the car is. He looks in his note book of hand written discriptions. He says,"I don't see it in the book." I say well I just called 1 1/2 hours ago. He say, "Well it must be out there then." Looks through book a couple more times. Then he says," Oh here it is." I go OK me and My buddy head out across this Yard after he points us in the right Direction. We searched evry end of that place starting in the corner it was supposed to be in. And NEVER found that car. It was about 20 Degrees out and wind blowin like crazy. Go back to give the guy a piece of my mind. Well now the owner is there. So I lay into him. He says I am sorry for that sir, but we haven't had that car for some time now. Apparently the guy was looking in the section of cars they had gotten rid of. Man I was PISSED. I drove 1.5 Hours and got JACK.

Me and My freind go to McD's and eat a bite. Call some regular yards and find all the peices I needed. Turned out to be a good day, it just started bad. anyway thanks for letting a Guy rant.

Scotty