Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM

Salvage yards

Old 01-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Junior User

tejomakash is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

Fellows,

Who knows a Good pull-it-yourself salvage yard in the Okla.City area? Someplace with alot of older model Ford trucks, of course.

Thanks in advance.

Tery

Okies unite! Lets get some posts on the Oklahoma Forum!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:25 PM
New User

Walts429F100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

I won't say that I personally know of any good salvage yards in or around OKC but I do have some friends that travel to the morre area and come back with some tremendous hardware at reasonable prices. Will look into it and post their reply. That is if it suitable for posting without some modification to the language.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Junior User

PowerbyFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

There is a place called Pull-A-Part here in the city, and they have quite a few older Fords. That is where I get most of my parts at, matter of fact, I bought a seat from them last Wednesday. Email me and I can give you the address. bigtex1998(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Hope this helps, I know of a lot more yards, and know there layouts pretty well. Sometimes I just take one whole day and cruise the yards looking for diamonds in the rough.

Old 01-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Senior User

Scotty1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

I went to the pull-a-part in Tulsa looking for some parts for a '89 Nissan Maxima 2 years ago. I called todays in advance and called the day I left, just to make sure they acctually had the car (I know how some of those Pull it yourself places are).

I get there ask where the car is. He looks in his note book of hand written discriptions. He says,"I don't see it in the book." I say well I just called 1 1/2 hours ago. He say, "Well it must be out there then." Looks through book a couple more times. Then he says," Oh here it is." I go OK me and My buddy head out across this Yard after he points us in the right Direction. We searched evry end of that place starting in the corner it was supposed to be in. And NEVER found that car. It was about 20 Degrees out and wind blowin like crazy. Go back to give the guy a piece of my mind. Well now the owner is there. So I lay into him. He says I am sorry for that sir, but we haven't had that car for some time now. Apparently the guy was looking in the section of cars they had gotten rid of. Man I was PISSED. I drove 1.5 Hours and got JACK.

Me and My freind go to McD's and eat a bite. Call some regular yards and find all the peices I needed. Turned out to be a good day, it just started bad. anyway thanks for letting a Guy rant.

Scotty

F= First
0= On
R= Race
D= Day
Old 02-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Senior User

qtrmiler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

If you want old Ford stuff & a lot of newer stuff,look at this link. If you want to drive, I can get you there.http://www.tulsahotrods.com/Oklahoma_Salvage.htm
Old 02-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Salvage yards

Hey qtrmiler, how far away is that salvage yard from Owasso? Do you know if they have any mustang II cars?

Thanks,
-Ron

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Senior User

Salvage yards

It was about 130 miles from west Tulsa. I did see 1 complete Mustang II.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Senior User

okiewelder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

I have been to a yard in roosevelt a few hundred times they r the cheapest anywere 580-639-2742. Steven
Old 03-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Junior User

tejomakash is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

Qtrmiler,

That salvage yard - If eastbound on the highway from Talequah to Westville, Then turn right like you are going to Stilwell, is it the one at the top of the 1st hill you go up after you cross the bridge over barrenfork creek? I don't remember any of those highway numbers, but from the pm that is what it sounds like.

Okies unite! Lets get some posts on the Oklahoma Forum!
Old 03-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Senior User

Salvage yards

Sounds weird to me. This one is on the north side of the highway between Talequah & Westville, almost all the way into town, you can see it from the highway
Old 03-25-2003, 12:02 PM
New User

JOHNNY.CONYERS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

LIVE IN ENID, OK. BUT THERE IS A SALVAGE YARD ON S. I 35 BETWEEN MOORE AND NORMAN ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ROAD. ALSO THERE ARE SOME ON EAST SE 23RD. STREET. THEN THERE IS ONE ON SHIELDS AND SE 59TH. IF YOU DON'T MIND THE DRIVE THERE ARE SEVERAL AROUND THE ENID AREA. LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SUPPLY THE PH#'S
JC
Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Postmaster

Pastmaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

I think your thinking of Del City Pickup Parts. I've bought a few things from them in the past. They are a good place to buy from!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Junior User

tex1264 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Salvage yards

hey guys there are a few in shawnee area like s&s auto salvage in shawnee 405-275-0606&hudsons in mcloud 405-964-2347&raths in tecumseh 598-5005 i've lived here for 40 years i been to alot of salvages. everyone of those salvages have got alot of 60-79 trucks i walk through them every week looking for new finds. need any help post a message on here kevin
Old 04-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Senior User

Salvage yards

I saw Hudsons about 2 weeks ago, I could get lost in there!
Old 04-11-2003, 10:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
area, cheapest, ford, fords, junk, norman, okc, okla, oklahoma, salvage, summit, truck, tulsa, yard, yards