Old 01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
bigblockford_390
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it is not a 5.0 but I am beginning the swap with a 4.6L SOHC and AODE automatic. I have the entire harness from the firewall forward off my donor and I was only going to use it to power the engine. However after some more thought I am going remove all my wiring from my pickup and use this harness.

Another member on here is installing a 4.6L DOHC Lincoln motor is his 70's Ford pickup and we both have confirmed that the AODE which is just the electronic version of what you are trying to install will bolt right up to the stock transmission mount used on the Ford pickups from 65 up through the late 70's.

As others have mentioned the engine will be a direct bolt in with the engine perches off of a 70's pickup equipped with the 302. I have bolted a 302 into my 65 using the same perches as the 240 six cylinder which are the same for the "FE" series but I believe that moved the transmission mount to another location on the frame and required a new drive line made.

I know there not the same swap but some of the info could be used and I will keep everyone updated, as I get further along into the swap.

Jeff