Thread: B20 question
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
I ended up experiencing lots of acceleration surge and lurching at low speeds and slow accelerations this weekend. Changed my filters yesterday evening and even got a little water out of my pre-pump Baldwin filter. The pressure gauge under the hood, before the filter change, was doing a lot of bouncing around 57-59 psi, where it had been a rock solid 62 psi when I first installed it a couple of months ago. After changing the filters, it rode right up to 61 psi and stayed rock solid.

All the above since putting in 8.7 gallons of B20 to top off my tank last week (gave me about a 5% blend in the tank). Only travelled about 200 miles when the symptoms started showing up, and they got progressively worse until I changed them at about the 270 mile point. Still having a little of the same, but it's much better.

I can't decide whether to fill up with B20 today and take her on a 200 mile road trip through the country tomorrow or not. I think I'm gonna go for it, though. I can definitely see a mileage gain with what's in the tank thus far, and I want to see how it runs for a highway trip.