View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Marriage is a great thing when both people are ready for it. IF, there are issues like trust that exist, you are not ready for marriage. Perhaps you are, but she may not be. You can't change her, you can only change herself. If you work on becoming a better person, hopefully she will do the same. People are generally attracted to other people that are there equal or a little less. In other words, if you see yourself as a 7 on a scale from 1 to 10, you will attract others that are in the 5 to 8 range, and you will be attracted to the same. A 9 or 10 would be unapproachable, and a 2, 3, or 4, would be undesirable. There are many books that can help with relationships. My first recommendation is a book called The Five Love Languages. There are many books called Chicken Soup For The Soul that center around different topics. Find the one that fits your needs. These are easy read. I know this isn't MANLY STUFF, but it will reap great rewards with the one you love. There is no quick fix for your situation. If you start reading some of these books, and start casually talking about them, hopefully, she will get interested in them too. You can't force feed this stuff to her. It would also help if she has friends that have good relationships and or marriages to talk to also. If she has friends that all have the same outlook on relationships and similar experiences, she may need to spend less time with them. Only she can make that decision though. I married an 8 that is now a 10, and I'm still trying to catch up.