View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Wheatina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!! Okay Don...I guess I'll let you get away with that. But, to be honest, I know Imperium is under a lot of pressure about their use of imported palm oil, so they are actively doing some PR on that right now. However, I'd need more proof that they are actually reducing the use. The fact that they are still using any at all is discouraging. They have sold their facility and state support to Washington under the misconception that they would be supporting Washington farmers and economies and not being upfront about their use of mainly imported oils. Sure...they're buying some from Sunnyside, but I suspect that is more of of a PR ploy than anything else. I guess I'm suspicious of them mainly because they haven't been upfront and honest about their oil sources and tried to deceive the public more than inform.

At the same time, I fully realize that they would NOT be able to produce all their BD from Washington only based oils because there currently just isn't enough, nor will there probably ever be. However, they also haven't been over here working very hard to convince farmers they will buy their canola or camelina either at a viable price. I don't see the support for Washington farmers from them other than a token amount.