Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Talking Wish I had this contract!

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2...with-imperium/

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Taxpayer Subsidized

cmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputation
That would be....shall we say......SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

The cruise ships are ALWAYS running......Ain't gonna be no downturn in the "market" during the contract period.......Again....SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ ...

"The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists." (Ernest Hemingway)
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Senior User

Wheatina is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wish Imperium was using all US grown oils for their BD instead of using a lot of imported palm oil from Malaysia.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatina
I wish Imperium was using all US grown oils for their BD instead of using a lot of imported palm oil from Malaysia.
All of the base oil in this contract will be canola. Imperium is moving away from Palm oil for it's fuel. The palm oil will be used for "industrial" use only ie: think ship fuels...............less than 15% of their total production.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Senior User

Interesting Don...how do you know that?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatina
Interesting Don...how do you know that?
I know somebody that works for them If I tell you anything more, I would have to kill you.........

Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Senior User

LOL!! Okay Don...I guess I'll let you get away with that. But, to be honest, I know Imperium is under a lot of pressure about their use of imported palm oil, so they are actively doing some PR on that right now. However, I'd need more proof that they are actually reducing the use. The fact that they are still using any at all is discouraging. They have sold their facility and state support to Washington under the misconception that they would be supporting Washington farmers and economies and not being upfront about their use of mainly imported oils. Sure...they're buying some from Sunnyside, but I suspect that is more of of a PR ploy than anything else. I guess I'm suspicious of them mainly because they haven't been upfront and honest about their oil sources and tried to deceive the public more than inform.

At the same time, I fully realize that they would NOT be able to produce all their BD from Washington only based oils because there currently just isn't enough, nor will there probably ever be. However, they also haven't been over here working very hard to convince farmers they will buy their canola or camelina either at a viable price. I don't see the support for Washington farmers from them other than a token amount.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels