View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Georgecls
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe me, from a lube engineer's perspective, engine oil additives are an absolute, positive no, never. Except in this case. Have you noticed the little lawsuits raging between Ford and Navistar? This engine and its warranty claims are a significant portion of the whole deal. The engine has issues that the finest, cleanest oil will not resolve. The Hotshot additive has helped minimize the uncorrected issue and in my case experience involving two tow trucks, has totally eliminated the injector issues. I am sharing my 'real world' experience with a product I do not sell nor have any relationship with. We tried the additive in a case of total desperation for my friend/customer who had two brand new useless trucks.
So here I was, Mr. No addtives, ever! working with engine oil additives.. BUT, in this case, this engine, if someone is having issues similar to my friend/customer, it is worth a try and there does not seem to be a downside in 2 years of using the product.
Again, I do not sell the product and do not recommend the use of engine or gearbox additives of any type. Except in this case, from my experience.
George Morrison, STLE CLS