View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:55 AM
ed-g35
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GEM questions

Ken--I first want to thank and commend you for compiling and posting all the tremendous information. I use to write technical articles for a motorhome magazine and I know how much work goes into projects like this forum. I have read the GEM thread and I have a few questions.

I would like to tow a 2001 Ranger 4X4 four-wheels down behind my bus. If feasible, I would prefer programming the transfer case to neutral through the GEM module rather than installing a driveshaft disconnect. My local Ford dealer has the two tools listed in the shop manual but does not know anything about this feature. He is willing to let me borrow his equipment or do it for me, but he has never done this before, does not know the procedure, and I can’t find instructions in the Workshop Manual. Can you tell me where to find instructions and what equipment is required? I currently tow a 1994 4X2 B2300 Mazda 4-wheels down. The Ford manual states that towing mileage is unlimited at any speed, however this standard was written when the national speed limit was 55 mph. Do you know of any documentation concerning mileage and speed limitations when towing a 4X4 using the neutral transfer case setting via GEM module?

Again, thanks for your time and a job well-done…………….Ed