Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well now I'm sure most of ya'll have seen 'possums before. Likely flattened out on the road or scurrying from side to side on the road at night trying (it seems) to ensure their demise. BUT! Have you ever seen a 'possum up close? I mean really close! Like about 4 inches away from yer face...and cornered..and perturbed on account of you yanked on their tail? Ahhhh....I didn't think so! Now imagine the 'possum is about the size of a small car..and you are wedged beneath a trailer and unable to move? Kind'a sets the picture in focus now don't it...eh?? Well..there I was! Folk....a 'possum at that size and range looks very much like a very old person...just released from a mental institution. They have wide open pale blue eyes...tiny dots for pupils...hair all frazzled and long sharp teeth. Lots of teeth! And they grin a lot! Long pointy noses and they drool constantly. Quite un-nerving to the un-accustomed fat man wedged under said trailer. We shared our gaze for a time...he/she seeming curious and a bit angry. Me, stunned and speachless and eyeballs getting about the size of 2 fried eggs. And then the 'possum seemed to make a decision. It reached out with one gnarly hand...much like the arthritic and knobby hand of some of codger..towards my face. Everything seemed to move in slow motion at that time. I could see that hand reaching down for me and even though my body could not/would not move....my lungs were filling up with more air than most mere mortal men have ever sucked in during one lifetime!! When that 'possums front paw touched my nose it was like it hit the "scream" button!! Folks I let loose such a volume of air and hollaring that even the 'possum was impressed! I could tell by the way it's hair blowed back and the drool stopped running in my face! And then...something grabbed my legs! Ohhh no...we're not nearly done yet! Yet more to come! Audie..the oldfart!