View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phydeaux88
Yes all the data cited in the study (it is actually a literature survey) Fab posted was done with unheated oil; however, the survey clearly states that using heated VO for fuel seemed to reduce the problems associated with VO.
We seem to have the same point of view: using heated VO probably safe, using unheated VO will most likely trash your engine.

Very interesting but the oceans are already overfished and thus not a good source of fuel oil.

Granted but the higher Cetane rating of BD tends to compensate for the lower BTUs
I agree with the over fishing but the fish oil is a waste by product of making fish meal. It's wrong to kill fish just for oil production. If you have a waste by product and can turn it into a fuel like running WVO or Biodiesel made from WVO we are saving energy.

I agree it's probably safe. I don't know for sure. I am one of the many that is trying it.
I took a 3400 mile vacation with the family using WVO. Talk about rolling the dice. If the truck broke down because of running WVO I would have never heard the end of it from the wife and kids.

Bryan