Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 AM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamMudd
what are you going for? that would be the first question.

a 50 series will have a low rumble at idle and will get louder and more aggressive when your laying into it, but not so loud that you can't stand it! the interior noise ain't bad at all threw the rpm band and levels out the higher you rev!

an Original 40 series has a VERY agressive tone at idle, and an even more aggresive rumble when you hit the gas. and an original 40 series has more interior noise threw the rpm band, and don't level out as quick as the 50 series!

but if you want to stay with the 40 series but not have as much interior noise the 40 series DELTA FLOW sounds awsome too! that's the burnt orange SD on 44's that i have on the web site.

now where you place the muffler on your truck will make a difference too! i mounted mine closer to the rear axle, so it wasn't DIRECTLY under the cab. the closer to the cab you mount it, the more interior noise your gonna have! if your debating on the 40 or 50 series go between the white SD (original 50 series) and the burnt orange SD (40 series Delta Flow) to help with your descision. my SD has more of a mellow tone and deeper due to the headers. those two trucks have stock manifolds still on them! then go from there!
Well, I had the 40 on my last truck (5.0 V8) and it was no where near annoying to me. I just don't want it to be extremely load on a V10. I keep playing the sounds clips back and the 40 seems to be good for me. I have a crew cab shortbed and would put the muffler far back and then 45 degrees out the back. I do a lot of towing, but rearely make it over 2200 RPMs, si I am not too worried about that. I will probably go with the 40. Thank you for your input and help. I love this site!