View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bruce,

The Blackstone report said they could not tell where the lead came from.
All other metals were below normal. They said if it was from the bearings there should have been other metals with it.

I hear you on keeping you engine warrantee intact. I know converting and running WVO is a risk. I have about 5,000 miles of running WVO with out any issues

Originally Posted by Bruce S
I just got my report back with a lead high of 10ppm. It is from the bearings. rods/mains.

I tow 10,000 trailer and run straight diesel fuel. I use Rotella 15-40 oil. I change it every 5,000 miles. I called Blackstone and talked to the tech. He said I should change the oil just BEFORE going on a heavy towing trip. NOT after. I will send them a sample after 4,000 miles and see what count is then.

My 2004 E-350 SD van with 6.0 Ford engine has a 100,000 mile warrantee. I would never try to use other crap with the fuel including veggie fuel. Don't want to mess up the warrantee. I get about 12 mpg pulling that load and 15-16mpg around town. I am retired and on a small fixed income. I do not want to have to pay heavy repair bills.

I am thinking about going to synthetic crank case oil. I will talk to Blackstone before trying that.

Bruce