View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:15 PM
re_fill
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFI - Vacuum Lines - 1990 302

New post, same problem. I posted this some weeks ago where I changed my plugs, wires, and filters, then miserably failed an air-care test. Well as I reposted, I had been a little careless when installing the plugs and cracked the porcelain insulator on 1 (or more) plugs. I since replaced ALL the NGK's with Bosch plugs (I blamed it on the NGK's, but that was wrong). So now it runs well, but won't idle. It "hunts" if you know what I mean. If I come to a stop, it will stall unless I put it in neutral. In neutral it will stall if I turn the steering wheel. If I put ANY load on the engine in neutral, it will stall. So I figure that when I changed the plugs I have knocked or broken or undone a vacuum hose or some other EFI mechanism. If I hold the pedal at 800-900 RPM, no problems, but that is wrong. I can't find or see any problems.

Anybody have or know of a schematic of the EFI system and vacuum hose routing to troubleshoot this goof-up?

As always, thanks in advance.

phil

Last edited by re_fill; 11-02-2006 at 11:25 PM. Reason: my Pinto de-Tomaso got rear-ended and DIDN'T blow up, the Firenza did