View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First of all you got to realise that I am not the man I grew up to be.

Once upon a time there was a little boy who was fascinated by all kinds of things. Some of the other kids did bad stuff to him and by him, so that he didn't think a whole lot of other kids at all. And his folks were just plain... Well, GROWN UPS! So they were strange folk.

Over time the boy finally figured out that grown ups were just people, and he saw the other kids grow up and turn into grown ups (AKA: Just Other People) and what was once confusing became (if anything) even more so...

I never did figure out why some people are just plain anus holes...

But people are all the same.

Buddy - the smartest and best thing you could ever do for yourself is to remember the youngster that you once were, and try to be JUST LIKE THAT.

Because when we are young, we haven't been screwed up yet.

Every one of us has that "RESET BUTTON" if we are smart enough to see it and use it...

And this time around, I can afford to fill up my toy box!!! It's up to me, I want to - and I'm going to do that.

This is in part what I mean when I say "UBU" (YOU be YOU). I don't reckon I can put it any simpler than that.

The GEE WHIZ six figure salaried counselors that winter in twenty nine palms (28 after a certain Marine buddy of mine went four wheeling there) call this "Getting in Touch With Your Inner Child".

Crapola...

It's called remembering what you wanted to do, or at least be like from the beginning, and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-03-2006 at 07:35 PM.