Thread: Interiors
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Hwd Strn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain.

I puchased an 05 EB last year which was a total compromise and not what I really wanted. I wanted a silver XLT with a black or charcoal leather interior and the following options: Redundant steering wheel controls and dual power heated /cooled seats, both not available on an XLT. I still cant beleive the EB was only available with the AZ beige exterior cladding and the light colored, stain collecting leather seats.

I am definetley interested in a new extended EXP and I am anxiously waiting for the brochures and Ford website to come out with more definitive details.

Other items on my wish list:

1. True plug and play IPOD connection integrated with the factory head units, NO FM modulator!

2. 120 volt outlets hardwired. I travel 25K + miles per year. Video games, laptops, etc.

3. Option for a vinyl floor instead of carpet.

I realize the manufacturers cant possibly please every buyer, but for every color and option not available another sale could be lost. My last 3 new vehicles have been Ford. All excellent vehicles. I have been checking out other brands and models, (New Tahoe/Suburban, Dodge MegaCab, 4 door Wrangler). I still think the Expedition suits my needs at the right price, but there is no brand loyalty when my only choices are unattractive colors and unavailable options.