Well... between the order guide and the fordvehicles.com pictures I am down to only a short list of questions...
1) Can I get a charcoal interior without any camel or caramel crap highlights on the seats or elsewhere on an Eddir Bauer? The fordvehicles web site shows charcoal as an option for Eddie Bauer but the image says "Not yet available", making me think the option should really read charcoal with camel highlights like the order guide shows... too bad. So I have to accept an exterior I don't like (Limited) or an interior I don't like (EB)... oh well... I am hoping teh web site is right and I can just get a solid charcoal interior on EB.
2) Anyone know how easy it is to remove running boards from an EB or Limited and put on a set of step bars?
I just do NOT understand in this day and age of assembly line automation, why Ford cannot have a SUPER LIMITED ORDER ONLY trim level in which the customer can pick whatever freakin color, interior, step bars, etc. they want!
I puchased an 05 EB last year which was a total compromise and not what I really wanted. I wanted a silver XLT with a black or charcoal leather interior and the following options: Redundant steering wheel controls and dual power heated /cooled seats, both not available on an XLT. I still cant beleive the EB was only available with the AZ beige exterior cladding and the light colored, stain collecting leather seats.
I am definetley interested in a new extended EXP and I am anxiously waiting for the brochures and Ford website to come out with more definitive details.
Other items on my wish list:
1. True plug and play IPOD connection integrated with the factory head units, NO FM modulator!
2. 120 volt outlets hardwired. I travel 25K + miles per year. Video games, laptops, etc.
3. Option for a vinyl floor instead of carpet.
I realize the manufacturers cant possibly please every buyer, but for every color and option not available another sale could be lost. My last 3 new vehicles have been Ford. All excellent vehicles. I have been checking out other brands and models, (New Tahoe/Suburban, Dodge MegaCab, 4 door Wrangler). I still think the Expedition suits my needs at the right price, but there is no brand loyalty when my only choices are unattractive colors and unavailable options.
You should look at the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. It has an iPod connection... also a hard drive to store ripped songs from CDs, music catalog, organizer, and much more than the Ford unit... I am not sure how clean an integration it is with the steering wheel controle, etc... but am looking into it.
The Order Guide states"New standard Auxiliary Audio input Jack added to center Instrument Panel"
Wouldn't you be able to plug an Ipod or an MP3 player into this input jack to listen to your digital music?