View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Stacie left out a bunch. The Fuelmeister is an overpriced bunch of junk, IMHO. The operating instructions tell you to pre-heat the oil BEFORE you put it in the system, but with uninsulated plastic tanks, the temp starts dropping right away. Temperature is very critical, the lower the temp the longer you have to mix!

The cone bottom tank CAN make it easyer to remove the glycerol, BUT if you use NaOH and wait to long.....................you get a hard lump of glycerol in the bottom of the tank with no easy way to remove it, NOT GOOD.

The reason there is no heater in the tank is because IT'S PLASTIC! If something goes wrong [see Murphy's Law ] you will have a huge mess on your floor, besides the potential for a nasty FIRE.

The use of water-heaters has it's own set of problems, You cannot see the reaction, if it's cold you have to preheat and clean the oil before you try to put it in the 3/4" fill hole. This is why I use my own design "open" style processer.

Have a look in my gallery and see what I use for a processer.

FABMANDELUX.
I think my best bet is to use the water heater tank. I will probably put a second hose on there to use as a viewing hose. I live in south MS so Im not to worried about it being to cold. I have only had a diesel truck for about a week now and I was just learning about ULSD a few miniutes ago, and that has me worried.