View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
gtrasta
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 mazda b3000 abs/brake light issues

Hey guys, i tried searching the forum a little bit, but i havent been able to find something that hones in on exactly my issue:

I just recently replaced my rear drums (9") and shoes. I manually adjusted the rear brakes,and the reversed and braked to get the automatic adjustment to fine tune it. The car stops fine, but unfortunately, i have both my parking brake light on and my abs light on, continuously. When i set the parking brake, that light gets more intense on the dash as opposed to when it is released. Was i supposed to adjusted the parking brake tensior? The vehicle does not feel as if it is dragging. As far as the abs is concerned, it comes on and stays on.

I disconnected the battery to hopefully reset it, problem still persists. I tried to find a way to get the codes for the RABS sensor manually (no auto parts store around here cars an OBD-1 code reader), but I can see what my manuals are talking about. Has anyone ever manually grounded the RABS connector to get the codes to flash? mine does not look like a lose wire, and i am hesitant to ground it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks!!