Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
New User

gtrasta is starting off with a positive reputation.
94 mazda b3000 abs/brake light issues

Hey guys, i tried searching the forum a little bit, but i havent been able to find something that hones in on exactly my issue:

I just recently replaced my rear drums (9") and shoes. I manually adjusted the rear brakes,and the reversed and braked to get the automatic adjustment to fine tune it. The car stops fine, but unfortunately, i have both my parking brake light on and my abs light on, continuously. When i set the parking brake, that light gets more intense on the dash as opposed to when it is released. Was i supposed to adjusted the parking brake tensior? The vehicle does not feel as if it is dragging. As far as the abs is concerned, it comes on and stays on.

I disconnected the battery to hopefully reset it, problem still persists. I tried to find a way to get the codes for the RABS sensor manually (no auto parts store around here cars an OBD-1 code reader), but I can see what my manuals are talking about. Has anyone ever manually grounded the RABS connector to get the codes to flash? mine does not look like a lose wire, and i am hesitant to ground it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks!!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior User

sjwoody is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd have to double-check on this, but I think the dim brake light indicates a braking system problem, and the bright light indicates the park brake is set. Make sure the brake fluid is full, and then check the "Read First, Technical information" section at the top of this forum to pull the RABS codes. I haven't done this myself, but the procedure should be in there. Also, there's more RABS info over on the Explorer forum (91-94) if you can't find what you need here.
Good luck
Old 05-18-2006, 04:52 PM
New User

gtrasta is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, i will give it a shot.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Post Fiend

RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
Plus, your truck is EEC-IV. They'll have a reader for that!

RP
Zach
Old 05-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Post Fiend

CowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to allCowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to allCowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to allCowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to allCowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to allCowboyBilly9Mile is a name known to all
Older Rangers have a wire attached to a lone connector hidden under the top of carpet and fwd of the parking brake pedal. IIRC, it's an orange/black wire. Yes, I have grounded this connector on my old/former 94. But the fix wasn't code related; it was a thorough flushing of the brake system that took are of the lightS. BTW, you can pull all the EEC-IV codes you want, but there will be none in there for the RABS. You need to use the jumper; said another way, you're going the right direction .
Old 05-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
3000, 94, abs, b3000, brake, light, mazda, truck