View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 05:05 PM
tj2006
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kerosene diesel substitute

I have a B-series 96 model 2.5 litre diesel Mazda to date it has clocked over 300 000km and the engine has never been opened. Often for long trips between 400 and 700km i make a Kerosene mix which is well known where i come from. The mix is simply 1 litre normal engine oil to 40 liters of kerosene if you have a 20L container of kerosene simply throw in a pint appro500ML) can of the same oil you'll usually put in the engine and shake up the container to mix it before putting it in the tank. I have noticed no difference in mileage obtained or in power of the vehicle. People usually think the oil is going to make it smoke but that does not happen, I was told the primary use of adding the oil is to lubricate the fuel pump as kerosence is too dry and will destroy the pump if used on its own. Outside temperatures where i live range between 10 and 30 celcius in winter and 24 to 40 celcius in summer.
I also know of a small trucking company that did a test using the above oil kerosene mix on big trucks. They had a truck engine stripped down by their mechanics at 100 000km to look for damage and found nothing unusual in the amount of wear.