Old 03-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Alta
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Bronco in line fuel filter quick disconnect question

So I thought Id do a little PM and replace the in line fuel filter on my 95 Bronco (351). The book wasnt clear on how the "quick disconnect" fittings disconnect and I basically ripped the old filter out of the fittings. When I did this some interesting little metal retaining pieces came out too - not without a little help however.

So now I have these quick disconnect fittings that the new filter just slides in and out of easily. I re-installed the metal clips that snap over the fuel line and fuel fitler tubes but these really dont look like they serve any purpose. Also the white plastic retaining clips that came with the filter seem equally useless.

So what Id like to know is did I destroy the quick disconnects or is there something Im missing about the plastic horse shoe shaped clips that came with the filter.?

Im feeling rather discouraged having been beat by a fuel filter and also taking a significant hit on the nose with a mag light in the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.