View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
PD52
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rcknrbn
I've ordered a transmission temperature gauge as well as a pod that mounts on the pillar. However, the pod has an opening for two gauges. I'm going with the "Autometer" brand, "Z" series.

I've looked at a 2nd gauge to fill the other spot and am considering a differential temperature gauge.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugelist.aspx?sid=12&opid=2&szid=2

I know some people that have added an oil pressure gauge in the 2nd spot, water temperature, tach. etc, but it seems that would just be duplicating the OEM gauges I already have.

Anyone added a differential temperature gauge? Seems like there would not be a port to install the sensor other than the drain / access plug. I'm only considering such a gauge as I do tow a travel trailer.

Any input is appreciated!
I recently installed a Mag-Hytec rear diff cover that has a sender port built in. I have been considering installing a diff temp guage also, but still not sure if its worth it. If you do some towing you might want to consider an aftermarket diff cover. The Mag-Hytec holds about 1 additional quart of fluid and has cooling fins as part of the cover. Just a thought.