View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 AM
MinutemanCO
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7.3 Throttle Response Problems

I'm new here and a bit of a novice when it comes to diagnosing mechanical problems.

I own a 2000 F250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4. The only aftermarket engine modification I have is a Tymar intake. The problem I'm having started about 6 months ago in a very erratic fashion. I would pull up to a traffic signal and as the light changed to green, without warning the truck would have no throttle response. The engine was running fine; there was just no response as I stepped on the accelerator pedal. Usually when I put the transmission in neutral, revved the engine a few times, the throttle would come back on line. This happened 4 or 5 times over the summer and then went away completely until today. Today it came back with a vengeance. At one point I had to shut the engine down completely to restore throttle response. It’s a bit unnerving when it happens in the middle of a busy intersection.<O></O>

I was told that it may be the throttle position sensor. Does this sound correct and does it need to be replaced?<O</O