Thread: Turbo Overboost
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Paclik
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Overboost

Thanks,
I was going to install gauges at new, but have had so many problems with this truck didn't want to dump money into a lemon "2nd in a row". A Ford diesel tech told me he has seen at idle, 33 psi on a faulty turbo. I did consider the self taping screw method, but then warranty? I think the overboost has caused damage to the heads/gaskets and blows coolant out the overflow bottle. Also diesel fuel diluted oil. I used the "TSB" method of checking for overfilled oil and it is 1/4" up on the steel portion of the dipstick. 5,000 miles since last oil change. I only had 14 quarts put in at last oil change. Was told by a Ford engineer, they consider it normal to get 1 quart of diesel fuel in the oil between oil changes.
Back to the overboost issue, this was the first time I left the truck running after blowoff. I crawled up on the engine and noticed this time the outer clamp has failed. The turbo was blowing a lot of air. I decided to try and see if I could loosen the clamp and just try to push the metal end into the blue hose. No way, too much pressure. I am taking it in but need some info. The last time I took the truck in August, the Service Manager told me they were so backed up with Diesel work the two Diesel tech's told the SM no more for 2 1/2 weeks.
Jim