View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 AM
twistedmetal
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangman
thanks so much for your info!how did it run with speed density before the mass air conversion?if i did these upgrades with the speed density system ,what should i expect?

Actually it ran somewhat OK, depends on how you look at it. It idles with a nice cam beat when cold and slightly fades away when warm, Pulls real strong to about 3.5k, low powerband due to the fact that the injectors are too small and combined with a stock computer. With no regard for fuel mileage (8mpg) at the time bieng, I pulled the stat and run the engine in open loop and relocated the intake temp sensor in the front bumper to fool the computer. But with the interactive Mass Air and 42lb injectors, 180stat, Headers, The engine runs like a cammed 5.0 SEFI, Strong Power right to 6K and the nice cam beat is present hot or cold and the mileage is somewhat equals to stock, depending on driving habit.

If you plan to stick with the stock speed density EEC-IV, I would recommend the 2nd set-up. 9 to 10 -1 compression pistons, Comp Cam computer grind, 0 degree roller chain, intake air temp sensor relocated to the air cleaner box, Flowmaster exhaust, MSD 6A