View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:05 AM
mustangman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twistedmetal
I just got thru with my second truck's engine. A 1996 F-350XLT 4x4. Engine has been upgraded with 10.2 Speed-Pro Pistons, H-Beam rods, 268H Comp Cams, grooved lifter bore, Ported and 2.19 valved F3TE heads, ported intake, toilet capacity oil pump, Moroso septic tank. I have been experimenting with the stock speed density system before I install the Mass Air and FMS 42lb injectors, Hooker Headers. So far it runs " Satisfactory" with the T-Stat removed, Air horn chopped, K&N, Cat took a hike, Air Intake sensor now resides in the front bumper for maximum fuel and timing. Runs lean above 3500 rpm though with stock 24lb injectors.

A 2-4 mpg increase has been observed in an engine that I built for a friend. A low miles 97 460EFI engine. Upgrades include 10.2CR Speed Pro forged pistons, moly rings, Comp Cams XE 256 Computer grind, MSD 6-A, Cloyes Roller Chain. Cropped intake tube. Engine has been installed in a 88 Ford F-250 4X4. With about 2 Points in compression increase and 0 degree chain and cam, Flowmaster exhaust, feels like a 100hp increase minimum. It will smoke the 33 inch tires without effort, with some timing alterations, it pulled a 10,000lb trailer no problem.

FYI, there are some 460efi parts for sale on www.808stuff.com
thanks so much for your info!how did it run with speed density before the mass air conversion?if i did these upgrades with the speed density system ,what should i expect?