View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Toisich
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I normally don't like naming specific establishments unless its to praise their efforts or services, but in this case I'll make an exception due to the rudeness and lackadaisical attitude of the service manager and their inability to fix even the most simplest problem i.e. a leaking tire.

Chesaco RV had our 5th wheel for two weeks to fix two warranty-covered problems: (1) the electronic brakes, and (2) tire losing 30lbs of air per week. When we went back to pick the 5th wheel up, we were told the electronic brakes were fixed; however, the "technician" didn't have time to fix the tire -- "He had other things to do" said the service manager. Come to find out the electronic brakes weren't fixed either. This is after calling Chesaco RV to see if the work was done - was told yes - and traveling 130 miles to pick up the unit.

When we hooked-up and found the brakes were still faulty the technician played a little with his test kits. Hooked up to the Ford - all okay; hooked up to the Jayco - could activate the brake-away system. According to him, all okay. It was getting a little late in the afternoon so he just packed up his stuff and walked back inside leaving my wife and I in the lot with a broken RV. The manager then came out and said they've done all they could do and went back inside. By this time we were so pisxxxx we just packed up and left.

Back to the service manager... while we were there we watched him interact with customers at the service counter and by phone. In just about all cases, no, let me rephrase that, in all cases he was about as rude as we've ever seen an individual in the service industry be toward customers. Basically, he just didn't care about your product related problems; He had a "just go away and leave me alone" attitude.

I wouldn't trust Chesaco to fix my kids trike!