Old 10-09-2005, 01:05 PM
53wa2fl
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Bob, since I HAVE tried the Jacobs Electronics system and noticed a difference...Not only a 4MPG gain, but also a 2 tenths drop in my ETY at the track, I am not an "honest person"? Or maybe that I am seeing a "placebo effect?" I would say that a 4 MPG gain over the course of 2 tanks of fuel are not just a "placebo effect". Further, Since your ET (or elapsed time at the track)is directly reflective of your horsepower output (assuming you have the gas floored the whole time) I would venture to say that a .20 drop in ET equals something. Have you ever been to the drag strip? It is EXTREEMLY difficult to find something short of nitrous that will drop your ET like that. Unless you are having difficulties shifting.....Which since I run an automatic, I dont.

I dont give that Tornado thing much of a chance of working, but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it.

As for your "independant test of the K & N filter" This is typical of a SMALL engine which is low on output anyway. Further, they did not do just ONE change in the overall combo....They changed TWO things....They took off the airbox, AND changed the filter. That is typical. In order to KNOW if something has made a difference, you must change ONE thing at a time. Any more than that, and you will not know which product or modification made the difference if any. If you change two things, and notice no change whatsoever, then one modification may have made a difference, but the other made a difference as well...only having the oposite effect and therefore cancelling out the first.

For you to say that ADD-ONS dont make a difference is just plain unintellegent. MOST things such as the tornado are simple "snake oil", but today, I dont know with SOME of the things.......Some are just plain dumb...Like the magnet thing that attaches to your fuel line.....Yeah, thats really going to work....Now, I remember a while back one of the car magazines I get did a test on changing ALL of your oils in your vehicle to synthetics...Just to see if you get any benifits from doing it. Well, they saw a 6-7 hp gain by doing that.....Not much, but it DID make a difference.