Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 AM
arcticoffroadingfish
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want it to start right away in the cold put in a heater under the hood at cold weather depending on milage they can be tempermental also how much money are you willing to spend? i got a 75 f1oo and a 72 f250 with a lift running around town with my brother both with 360s the 75 will pass im but i needed to change the timing set. i would check yours to do so turn your engine to tdc 0 degrees on the timing marks and then turn the engine the opposite way until the distributor rotor starts to turn and see how many degrees it is on the dampener and if its like 5 or more get a new set it will help my 72 is a performance engine it ran and started good in the winter stock unless it was really cold but i havent ran it in winter after the rebuild. but it does pass im. also you might want to get a spare ignition module they do go out without warning so... but you shouldn't have a problem with the engine. the one in my 72 had 350,000 miles on it before i rebuilt it. so they last a long time. if you have any more questions let me know