Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Alaska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: bearman113

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Junior User

dools is starting off with a positive reputation.
1976 F150 360.....Anyone with cold weather experience?

Hey everyone,
Havent posted at all in this forum yet, but I'm from Fai and recently purchased a 1976 F150 with a 360 engine and stock everything. I'm in the process of cleaning and redoing everything. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these old trucks in cold weather? Any tips or recomendations? Parts that are better in the cold, etc. Does anyone have experience getting these trucks to IM? I've never owned a truck older than a '94 so I'm a little new to this whole thing.
Thanks much in advance.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Senior User

arcticoffroadingfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
if you want it to start right away in the cold put in a heater under the hood at cold weather depending on milage they can be tempermental also how much money are you willing to spend? i got a 75 f1oo and a 72 f250 with a lift running around town with my brother both with 360s the 75 will pass im but i needed to change the timing set. i would check yours to do so turn your engine to tdc 0 degrees on the timing marks and then turn the engine the opposite way until the distributor rotor starts to turn and see how many degrees it is on the dampener and if its like 5 or more get a new set it will help my 72 is a performance engine it ran and started good in the winter stock unless it was really cold but i havent ran it in winter after the rebuild. but it does pass im. also you might want to get a spare ignition module they do go out without warning so... but you shouldn't have a problem with the engine. the one in my 72 had 350,000 miles on it before i rebuilt it. so they last a long time. if you have any more questions let me know
Old 07-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Junior User

dools is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey, thanks for the info, buddy, it's always good to get affirmation that the these old trucks do run in the winter. I've also heard that a manual choke would probably be a good idea. What do you think?

Dools
Old 07-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Senior User

arcticoffroadingfish is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah i run manual chokes because i like the idea of know its on or off on the stock climatic chokes i ran into the problem of it sticking partly on but it was only binding in the linkage but that is entirely what you preferr they are both good choices.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Alaska Chapter

Tags
1976, 360, 76, cold, degrees, f150, f250, ford, forum, issues, mpg, mudding, start, timing, weather