Old 02-22-2005, 10:49 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do know the bolt patterns are different between those 2 axles right? (the rear is a metric pattern), but yeah on my bogger (in gallery, budget bogger) is an 81 f-250, and to date, even with the axles if we can get them, we have more into the 35x16x16.5 boggers then the rest of the rig, but the only reason why thats true is because it took parts from 10 trucks and 1 car, all the parts were in excellant shape and the motor was a ford remaned 400, runs perfect, the only new parts are the coil, clutch, the ign. modular and coil, rebuilt carb. Then the lift will be free (thanks god for scrap metal and a welder) with the execption of 200 bucks for shocks and a droped pitman arm, the hydro assist will be free as well (i like the farm ).

But i know the feeling of wanting to swap out for the bigger axles, we (me and my dad, since this is a joint project) were (or are, depending if the truck hasn't been sold yet) going to weld a dana 50 TTB into a solid axle (i have it almost figure out), but this 1 ton should hopefully fix that problem, and then this truck will be one of the toughest/well built trucks in the area, and i should be able to clean up in the mod classes at the mud boggs.