View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An odd reason for a thread

So, I'm from New Jersey, and recently went to Vermont two weeks ago...Smuggler's Notch to be exact. It was a great time--weather was awesome, albeit cold (-21 F Thursday night) and it was with great friends.

Here's why I post...have any of you been there, and to the bar around the corner from the entrance, Brewski's? It's a perfect little bar...quiet, good beer, pool table, darts, music and nice people. The Saturday night we were there though, we met the "Spamskis".

WOW!

3 girls in brightly colored latex miniskirts, and one 50-60s year old in a black one with fishnets and a whip. They were there to honor Spam (the canned meat) and served all kinds of Spam appetizers. Apparently, it's a once a year tradition. While there, I was sitting at the bar with my back to some of my friends when I hear, "Yeah, him. That's the one." *WHAP* On the back with the whip...not hard, but I almost choked on my beer. "Are you being bad?" she says to me. Holy Cow...what a riot. All in all it was a great time, but I'm still not sure I understand what that was all about.

Anyone in here know what I'm talking about? I know I didn't drink THAT many Longtrails (great beer btw).