Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Posting Guru

jdmorg is starting off with a positive reputation.
An odd reason for a thread

So, I'm from New Jersey, and recently went to Vermont two weeks ago...Smuggler's Notch to be exact. It was a great time--weather was awesome, albeit cold (-21 F Thursday night) and it was with great friends.

Here's why I post...have any of you been there, and to the bar around the corner from the entrance, Brewski's? It's a perfect little bar...quiet, good beer, pool table, darts, music and nice people. The Saturday night we were there though, we met the "Spamskis".

WOW!

3 girls in brightly colored latex miniskirts, and one 50-60s year old in a black one with fishnets and a whip. They were there to honor Spam (the canned meat) and served all kinds of Spam appetizers. Apparently, it's a once a year tradition. While there, I was sitting at the bar with my back to some of my friends when I hear, "Yeah, him. That's the one." *WHAP* On the back with the whip...not hard, but I almost choked on my beer. "Are you being bad?" she says to me. Holy Cow...what a riot. All in all it was a great time, but I'm still not sure I understand what that was all about.

Anyone in here know what I'm talking about? I know I didn't drink THAT many Longtrails (great beer btw).

Mods:
New 302
Dashboard Hula Dancer
Wax
Driver side door dent
Old 02-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Senior User

Hubs2000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are you sure you weren't stoned? I think you were having a bad trip.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Posting Guru

Haha....no....none of that for me. But tell me that isn't one of the most ridiculous things you've ever heard...uh, read .

Mods:
New 302
Dashboard Hula Dancer
Wax
Driver side door dent
Old 02-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Senior User

toyrobotus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubs2000
Are you sure you weren't stoned? I think you were having a bad trip.
Maybe you mean a bad WHIP! Its something they do every year and usually the SPAMETTES are very easy on the eyes. I hadnt thought that they were whipping people any more! Some jackass complained about it a couple years ago (I am in NH and work at Loon as a doorman on the weekends for kicks and a free pass) and we heard about it then. It is nice to find a crazy place still exists. There is a bar in Denver (LoDo) that has these crazy chicks dressed up like Ellie May Clampett that make people drink tequila until it comes out your nose! No whips though.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Posting Guru

No complaints in the eye department ...not even in the whip department. I like my barstools, beer and sometimes staring off into nothing just as much as the next guy, but I didn't mind it at all. The older woman definitely had a few drinks put away, but she was funny and all in all a nice woman...just a nice woman who gently hits out-of-state strangers with a whip. Honestly though...who complains? If it were one of those 12 foot, crack the whip kind of things, I'd understand, but seriously.

And like I said, my kind of bar--an old local band jammin' out, nice people, a pool table and good beer. In fact, I'd say if anything bothered me there, it was the Brady jerseys everywhere.....

Definitely not going to forget Vermont.

Mods:
New 302
Dashboard Hula Dancer
Wax
Driver side door dent
Old 02-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmorg
No complaints in the eye department ...not even in the whip department. I like my barstools, beer and sometimes staring off into nothing just as much as the next guy, but I didn't mind it at all. The older woman definitely had a few drinks put away, but she was funny and all in all a nice woman...just a nice woman who gently hits out-of-state strangers with a whip. Honestly though...who complains? If it were one of those 12 foot, crack the whip kind of things, I'd understand, but seriously.

And like I said, my kind of bar--an old local band jammin' out, nice people, a pool table and good beer. In fact, I'd say if anything bothered me there, it was the Brady jerseys everywhere.....

Definitely not going to forget Vermont.

Yeah the old ladys can really hold there BEER.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Senior User

toyrobotus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Better start getting used to the Brady shirts!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter