View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Icicle
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chapter Leader to veritable King?

I have a gripe, I dont have many, and a lot of times when I disagree with an idea, I realize how it betters FTE and the thought that went into the idea, and I keep my mouth, er uh, fingers quiet.....but this one is eating at me.

I keep reading about Chapter LEADERS moderating their own chapters, which seemd fine at first, but now it appears a few of them are getting a Bit big for their britches so to speak, and thank god Im personal friends with our chapter leader and it wont be an issue in our forum, but wouldnt apply to him anyway, because hes not like that.

Just concerned about things getting out of control and chapter leaders which I thought were supposed to be organizers, cheerleaders, recruiters, and general go-getters turning into chapter Kings making statements like.......

Originally Posted by fellro86
I have a single thread in which I allow members to post what they have or are looking for, and yes, it is limited to local members, no dealers or such. It has been working well, as we have been swapping back and forth quite nicely, and many of the things really wouldn't get much attention on the classifieds, and are area specific.
Ive been seeing a lot of statements like this that rub me a little wrong for some reason....."I have" and "I allow" being the kickers

Im not trying to start any arguments, or change the way things are being done, just making sure we wont have chapter leaders storming around forums with homemade capes on imposing their will upon others, especially since they were voted in and didnt pass the same general screening process (which I hear is lengthy) that all mods must go through.

And FWIW Im even less enthused about a special forum for just chapter leaders.....especially if its private, that only makes the pedestal taller.......

just a thought......

Last edited by Icicle; 12-22-2004 at 05:50 PM.