View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Cirdan49
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick of it

I can hear the chains coming right now. Better act nice guys or Timmy is going to eat this one alive.

All I can say is there is enough power in these things to tow a house. Look at some medium duty trucks and they don't even have/need that much power. Yes numbers are nice to back your butt up with but if the vehicle can't handle it then what's the use? In the logic of some of you guys saying that if you have the engine power you can tow it. I call full BS on that one. That would be like saying I could slap a 302 with 400 tq /400 hp on my ranger and tow 10k. All I can say is get your minds off of the numbers and start putting them in the big picture. I could have gotten a Dodge with a 4.7 and had gobs more torque than my 4.0. Why didn't I? Because a compact truck in my mind shouldn't haul over 5k pounds. That is about where I feel comfortable with my truck. We're entering an age when all sensibility is lost in vehicle quality and all emphasis is put on those damned numbers. I for one am sick of it.