View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 PM
CaptFX4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steager_94
i have an 05 f150 lariat. ive been looking for a good programmer to get the most out of my truck as far as fuel economy but also im 20 and have a lead foot every once and a while so id like to have alot of power.
i live in fort irwin ca so i have to commute pretty far. theres alot of wide open roads out here (hence lead foot). i dont tow too much but when i do i obviously want my truck to perform well. doing some research i looked at edge, gryphon, and sct seem to be very popular. also i put 87 octane in my truck. what do yall think is the best for me?
You'll get a few opinions but it comes down to your preference. The edge works great if your truck is stock. Definitely wakes it up. I went with the edge because I like to monitor different parameters such as tranny temp when towing. When I started adding intake/exhaust etc the canned tunes will make your truck run lean. So I had custom tunes loaded.

The gryphon is a form of the edge. Customizable

I have also seen others pleased with the SCT but can't comment since I haven't used one.

Basically any of them will work well but again I like the monitoring functionality of the edge. No fuel mileage gain for me because I enjoy the power. Definitely helps when towing.

Good luck on your decision.