Thread: 2014 F250 6.2
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irocdupi
Hello everyone. Just pulled the trigger on a 2014 F250 4x4 4 Door Lariat with the 6.2 and Elocking 3.73. I went with the 3.73's cause I do alot of highway driving thats unloaded especially to and from NYC. My question is how does this truck run on the highway, I have never had a gas 250 or 2500 and my 1500's never had a problem holding 75-85 uphill. I was just wondering if this truck is going to struggle holding say 80mph in overdrive, or is constantly going to be kicking in and out.

Thanks
what do you expect out of a 3/4 ton beast..it is not a 1/2 ton lighter truck..This truck is built for towing/hauling not cruising the highway,,just a word of advice,,when your going that fast up/down a hill, this truck is top heavy..I driven in NY and thru NY and you guys drive fast and got a lot of ignorant SOB's that like to ride your *** and flash there lights..Do your self a favor..Install a bull/push bar on front,, your gonna need it for the ahole who flips you the bird cause you weren't going fast enough. Be careful at those speeds. The truck should hold to a point up an incline but will downshift if the engine is lagging..Wish you well with your new truck..