Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesy0027

WOW! How did you trade in your 2013 for a 2014 without getting raped on price? I buy a truck every 10 years. Meaning, as a family guy I cant afford to swap trucks if the monthly payment goes up.
I too like to own a truck until it drops, my last was 12 yr with the SD. I never have traded in so quickly before. I was able to swap out my 13 for the 14 for very little out of pocket. The fact I had a 13 KR optioned out stickered at $55k and my new SD stickered at $54,490 and the extra rebates on the SD and it being end of year 13 the dealer knew he could flip my truck quick, my 13 was mint and he saw making money, (not much) so he gave me top dollar for trade and the SD was over $10k off sticker. Add in the Ford owner $750 and my warranty rebate refund and BAM!! Deal was done. It worked out great. It costs me $3k to trade out. Which I will pay off on first payment comes in. I thought that was pretty good considering I enjoyed the 13 KR EB CC MaxTow 6.5 bed off-road for a year and got out for no more than a lease deposit. My Free Sirius ran out and needed to buy a new truck to get 6 months of free Sirius again!! LOL!