Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Jonesy0027's Avatar
Jonesy0027 Jonesy0027 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 120
Jonesy0027 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vibrations on 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4

Just bought my 2013 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 on Saturday. I noticed a vibration at 35 to 45 mph. Its a slight vibration, the whole truck kind of shakes. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? Really annoying for a truck with less than 200 miles. Let me know your thoughts. Adios.
__________________
1965 Ford F100
240cu six cylinder
3 speed on the tree / Power steering
2013 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
3.5 V6 Ecoboost / 3.31 Axle / Trailer Tow Pkg / Truxedo soft cover / DualLiner / WeatherTech mud flaps / Wheel well liners
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Charlie Bravo Charlie Bravo is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 570
Charlie Bravo has a great reputation on FTE.Charlie Bravo has a great reputation on FTE.Charlie Bravo has a great reputation on FTE.Charlie Bravo has a great reputation on FTE.Charlie Bravo has a great reputation on FTE.
Do you have a return policy in your state? Like three business days to get out of a contract. Take it back. CB
__________________
'13' F-150, CC, 157", EB, Silver, 4x4, XLT, 302A
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
it is inherent in a alot of the 13 F150's. I had it around 50-55mph. it happen more in winter time than in summer. I think it is either cold tires or ungreased/out of balanced driveshaft. on my truck it always was worse first thing in morning in cold weather, seemed once truck warmed up I was less noticeable but it never went away on my truck. But I no longer own that problem anymore..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 06:24 PM
69satelite 69satelite is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31
69satelite is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine also has it. 30 to 45 mph. Good old Ford won't fix it. 2013 Ford F150 4x4 crew 5.0 Six foot box. I agree with Charlie. Bring it back if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 06:27 PM
69satelite 69satelite is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31
69satelite is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
it is inherent in a alot of the 13 F150's. I had it around 50-55mph. it happen more in winter time than in summer. I think it is either cold tires or ungreased/out of balanced driveshaft. on my truck it always was worse first thing in morning in cold weather, seemed once truck warmed up I was less noticeable but it never went away on my truck. But I no longer own that problem anymore..
What did you replace it with?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
2014 SD CC 4x4 3.73 172WB 20in wheels 6.2L Loaded Lariat. Ingot Silver
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Jonesy0027's Avatar
Jonesy0027 Jonesy0027 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 120
Jonesy0027 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
it is inherent in a alot of the 13 F150's. I had it around 50-55mph. it happen more in winter time than in summer. I think it is either cold tires or ungreased/out of balanced driveshaft. on my truck it always was worse first thing in morning in cold weather, seemed once truck warmed up I was less noticeable but it never went away on my truck. But I no longer own that problem anymore..


WOW! How did you trade in your 2013 for a 2014 without getting raped on price? I buy a truck every 10 years. Meaning, as a family guy I cant afford to swap trucks if the monthly payment goes up.
__________________
1965 Ford F100
240cu six cylinder
3 speed on the tree / Power steering
2013 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
3.5 V6 Ecoboost / 3.31 Axle / Trailer Tow Pkg / Truxedo soft cover / DualLiner / WeatherTech mud flaps / Wheel well liners
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy0027 View Post


WOW! How did you trade in your 2013 for a 2014 without getting raped on price? I buy a truck every 10 years. Meaning, as a family guy I cant afford to swap trucks if the monthly payment goes up.
I too like to own a truck until it drops, my last was 12 yr with the SD. I never have traded in so quickly before. I was able to swap out my 13 for the 14 for very little out of pocket. The fact I had a 13 KR optioned out stickered at $55k and my new SD stickered at $54,490 and the extra rebates on the SD and it being end of year 13 the dealer knew he could flip my truck quick, my 13 was mint and he saw making money, (not much) so he gave me top dollar for trade and the SD was over $10k off sticker. Add in the Ford owner $750 and my warranty rebate refund and BAM!! Deal was done. It worked out great. It costs me $3k to trade out. Which I will pay off on first payment comes in. I thought that was pretty good considering I enjoyed the 13 KR EB CC MaxTow 6.5 bed off-road for a year and got out for no more than a lease deposit. My Free Sirius ran out and needed to buy a new truck to get 6 months of free Sirius again!! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
69satelite 69satelite is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31
69satelite is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
I too like to own a truck until it drops, my last was 12 yr with the SD. I never have traded in so quickly before. I was able to swap out my 13 for the 14 for very little out of pocket. The fact I had a 13 KR optioned out stickered at $55k and my new SD stickered at $54,490 and the extra rebates on the SD and it being end of year 13 the dealer knew he could flip my truck quick, my 13 was mint and he saw making money, (not much) so he gave me top dollar for trade and the SD was over $10k off sticker. Add in the Ford owner $750 and my warranty rebate refund and BAM!! Deal was done. It worked out great. It costs me $3k to trade out. Which I will pay off on first payment comes in. I thought that was pretty good considering I enjoyed the 13 KR EB CC MaxTow 6.5 bed off-road for a year and got out for no more than a lease deposit. My Free Sirius ran out and needed to buy a new truck to get 6 months of free Sirius again!! LOL!
That is an excellent deal. Did you get a 250 or 350? Mileage posts after you own it for a while. I would like to do the same thing. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69satelite View Post
That is an excellent deal. Did you get a 250 or 350? Mileage posts after you own it for a while. I would like to do the same thing. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I got a 2014 SD F250 Lariat. I am getting 12.8 right now with only 280 miles, all city. I hope it might go up a tad, I would love to get 13-14 if possible, I know its a stretch but you never know. I was only getting 15.9 with my EB that was with a light foot.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 PM
69satelite 69satelite is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31
69satelite is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
I got a 2014 SD F250 Lariat. I am getting 12.8 right now with only 280 miles, all city. I hope it might go up a tad, I would love to get 13-14 if possible, I know its a stretch but you never know. I was only getting 15.9 with my EB that was with a light foot.
That's pretty good. My 5.0 is getting 13.5 on the lie o meter.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69satelite View Post
That's pretty good. My 5.0 is getting 13.5 on the lie o meter.
your 5.0 F150 is only getting 13.5? You must love hearing that exhaust note!! I am loving the sound again of a V8, my 6.2L just sounds too dam sweet..
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 AM
69z's Avatar
69z 69z is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17
69z is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I test drove my 2013 Lariat Super Crew it had a vibration, but having experience with this I told the dealer what was going on before I purchased it and they had the driveshaft sent out to be balanced. Well that was the problem as it rides smooth as hell now. With the 5.0 I get 15.6 mpg in the city in this cold climate with **** GAS!!! Not bad for 4 WD
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z View Post
When I test drove my 2013 Lariat Super Crew it had a vibration, but having experience with this I told the dealer what was going on before I purchased it and they had the driveshaft sent out to be balanced. Well that was the problem as it rides smooth as hell now. With the 5.0 I get 15.6 mpg in the city in this cold climate with **** GAS!!! Not bad for 4 WD
I knew it had to be driveshaft that was out of balance that was causing all these vibrations in the F150. People waste time with tires/balance and other fixes. Mine was worse in winter as the cold made these shafts even more stiff and out of balanced. Thanks for your input maybe others can use this to go to dealer and get theres pulled and properly balanced.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 AM
69z's Avatar
69z 69z is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17
69z is starting off with a positive reputation.
FYI to all who may be interested. When feeling a vibration in your vehicle a quick check for tires is to put the vehicle in neutral momentarily while driving (and being aware of safe surroundings), if the vibration stops its in the drive train, also a drive train vibration will be felt in the seat and floor pan.Drive train can be anything from transmission, drive shaft to rear end(more likely drive shaft than not). Tire vibration more than not will be felt in the steering wheel. Not to confuse anyone but a rear tire vibration can almost feel like drive train, so depending on the side of the vehicle your feeling it from you can totally alleviate tires by switching back tires to front. I Hope this helps others.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 F150 Platinum Drivetrain Vibration glruff 2009+ F150 54 07-07-2014 12:04 PM
Small Vibration when towing my boat with f150 ARK Ranger 2009+ F150 7 05-28-2014 01:50 AM
Gauge Needles vibrate when truck is turned on. Help! o2civic 2004 - 2008 F150 18 02-13-2014 04:46 AM
2013 Ford F-150 FX2 vibration issue jkolman 1997 - 2003 F150 0 10-03-2013 09:10 PM
Good price for a 2013? iluxa 2009+ F150 3 03-01-2013 09:46 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup