Thread: Banks and 460
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 12:34 AM
doctorq
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MooseC,

I now have all the Banks goodies on my '94 and I'm very happy. Banks products are expensive - some would say a rip-off - but I can at least tell you they install easily (fit good!), work well and are durable. My truck is faster, sounds better and just a lot more enjoyable to drive without being obnoxiously loud or having any funny driveability problems.

The transcommand was a big help with my E4OD slushbox.

Regarding the cost, talk directly to the Banks sales folks and barter. I saved over $700 by hemming and hawing on the purchase decision - I'm no master negotiator, I just couldn't understand over 2 grand for headers&exhaust!

I've used a G-Tech and local dragstrip to verify Banks claims. My truck started at 9.5 sec 0-60 unloaded. The "stinger" (cat-back exhaust/intake) got me down to 8 sec and the headers have me a hair under 7 flat. (Haven't run the 1/4 since the headers, though.) No race car, but not too shabby for a 5600lb truck with 90k miles!

I'm pretty responsible, but it is fun "showing the pipes" to rice burner fast and furious wannabes now and again!

There are some good products for the later model 460s, and you've come to the right place for advice. My final comment would be: Banks products may not be the best value out there due their hight cost, but at least they perform as advertised. That's more than can be said for an awful lot of aftermarket performance equipment.