View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 11:33 PM
moose94
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's what you should do man. Look I know you want the cheapest way to get those tires on and I feel the same way, but there's a point where you need to tell yourself - what do I really want in this build.

plowboy2155 - Do you want something that's kinda thrown together and may cause damage to other parts later? Or would you rather pay the money, do it right and take a step back and look at your truck.

Look man, I want a 6" lift too but it's expensive cause I live in canada.

Now you can get 4-6" lifts for under $500. Which includes everything except brake lines and you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that everything is covered and you didn't leave anything out.

If you do the math and add up everything you are going to need.... it works out to be just the same as buying the kit.

For my lift I have an add-a-leaf in the rear and for the front I plan on buying a leveling kit (well springs only). This will give me enough space for my 33's. I have a set of 35's (BFG), but I don't know how I'm gonna make those babies fit.

So I would reccomend doing the kit as far as the custom build. Um I believe Rough Country or Tuff Country (stupid names for companies) makes lifts for $499. Also check www.natltire.com for suspension specials they have our trucks on special.

Alright that's enough for me, hope everything goes well for you and if you do decide to do the custom job let us know how it went k? Good luck.

Last edited by moose94; 02-27-2004 at 11:36 PM.