View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVPULLER,
my friend back in Delaware, bought the prep kit from Ford, but bought the Reese hitch to mount to it seperately. He got a better deal on the hitch that way. He didn't like the handle on the Reese hitch and decided to make a new one out of electric conduit. He made the bend and shortened up the handle, now it doesn't stick up in the air like the factory one. I may try to do something like it myself once I get the truck.
This is off topic a bit, I guess, but I went to Gator Ford today and measured the F250 SC that was on the lot. I wanted to know if my running boards that are on my 05 SC would fit, and the hole pattern on the new trucks is exactly the same as my 05, yeah! Also I looked under the truck to see if the plug was mounted on the 2014 Lariat that was mentioned on another thread, and it is there, another win! It is a dead headed plug that I can tap into to get the lights on my running board to work. It is located on the frame rail just about where the back brackets would be. I was hoping that both would work ok and it looks like everything is good. Now to get my Sirius radio mount out of my 05 and figure how it will hook up into my new one. It is a drop in mount type I have moounted on a suctioncup mount and also works with a boom box at home, I have a lifetime subscription and don't want to lose out on that.