View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as for the IDI at the junkyard, i bought 2 junkyard pumps a couple years back, one of them is the one i had rebuilt in january which now failed me, and the other i haven't tested. the one i put back on there runs strong but has some minor issues, most notably that i need to take the VRV off of the failed pump and put it on this one, as this one has never worked at all, which means i reach 2nd gear at 30mph or whenever i pull the shifter down, and 3rd at 45. it sucks that way, but i know what to do to fix it. other than that, this pump gives my engine the beautiful clatter its been missing and the crisp throttle response i hadn't had in so long. and thats without having even taken the time to set the timing properly - i just eyeballed it by the angle the pump sits at cause i couldn't see the marks.

and i got that job i was interviewing for, so i'm planning to move down to the renton area pretty soon so i'm closer to work and my lady. heck, if i'm down here instead of up in BFE, i might actually be able to make the meets a little more often too