View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 AM
ericconn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, sounds like a nightmare from what you guys are saying. But looking at the website, it seems all I need is the title for the truck (frame) and then a bill of sale for the cab. Have they changed the rules? I will call the MVA and make certain I don't need a title for the new cab, because I more than likely can't get it.

• Proof of ownership – The ownership document must be for the vehicle frame used in building the reconstructed vehicle:
    • If the frame is new, the certificate of origin included with the kit is required.
    • If the frame is from a used vehicle, a title for the vehicle in your name or a title that has been properly assigned to you is required.
    • If the frame is from a salvaged vehicle, a salvage certificate in your name or a certificate that has been properly assigned to you is required.
    • Other documents that may establish ownership are:
      • Registration document and bill of sale – ONLY if the state from which the frame was obtained did not issue a title (usually because of the vehicle’s age).
  • Application – You may use either the back of the Maryland title, if applicable, or the Application for Certificate of Title to request the new title (and registration, if applicable). When the Maryland title is used as the application form, complete the section entitled Application for Title and Registration.
  • Proof of purchase price – You must submit the bills of sale and/or receipts for all parts and labor.
  • Odometer disclosure statement - You may use the manufacturer’s certificate of origin or the title to document the mileage of the vehicle. A separate odometer disclosure statement may also be submitted.
  • Application for Assigned Vehicle Identification Number (if applicable) - A new vehicle identification number (VIN) may be assigned to the completed vehicle. The Maryland State Police will install the new VIN plate after they have inspected it.
  • Maryland safety inspection certificate - A safety inspection is required if the vehicle is being registered at the same time (most cases).