View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
I wouldn't exactly call it a show, but I'm hosting a second annual gathering of the members of the 1948-56 FTE forum at my place. About 18 members will be there, with about 12 trucks total (counting my own). It's pretty small and laid back. We'll just sit around the campfire and see who can tell the tallest tale. This gathering is MUCH different than Heritage 2K. We're much older (I'm probably the youngest at 39), and, considering it happens on my private property with my kids riding their bikes up and down the driveway, I keep a pretty tight leash on who attends and how they act. Campsprings, you are welcome to come by and take a look if you want. I work very hard to limit it to people we "know" on FTE. One guy is already here. He drove his 1952 F-1 with a stock flathead from a place called Albuquerque (I'm not sure, but I think that's on the other side of Hazard somewhere ). I live between Blackey and Whitesburg out in the sticks. I've worked really hard to keep it a family-type atmosphere. You won't see anybody flopping around drunk (or some dude wearing a Batman mask), and we'll probably all be in bed by midnight. I know--the police are on standby. Our cruise is nothing more than the period correct trucks riding up through town, up on Pine Mountain, getting lunch, and then coming back to my place.
I guess I'm literally a blacksheep at 24; In that I could literally go to Heritage and then drop by Doc's and have 0 issues with the non-alcohol, etc...

They changed my schedule at work, and instead of getting OFF work at 4pm, I now have to go IN at 4pm. I seriously wanted to cut someone...

So unless some wild weather kicks up in the manager's head, I'm not gonna be able to make it, Doc.

But feel free to hop over to the BS threads, etc! Good to see ya on the boards.