Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Heritage 2K13 is here!

The Heritage Show is here upon us again in Whitesburg, KY on September 6,7 and 8th.

Vehicle Entry Fee is $20.00
Spectator & Parking is FREE! Camping is also FREE!

It's a truck show mainly of minitrucks, lifted trucks, and pretty much everything in between!

I'm making plans to make the show, myself... There's a few members down that way (Doc this means you) that could possibly meet up!

Here's a flyer-

Click the image to open in full size.

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 09-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
I wish I could go down there this weekend. Looks like a fun time!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:44 AM

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn View Post
I wish I could go down there this weekend. Looks like a fun time!
The girly friend and I are going in the AM and I'll be taking TONS of pics to share.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Just not my thing, even though it is right here in my hometown. I applaud L.M. for what he has created, but I just can't personally get excited about those low rider trucks. My friends went. They said there was a big crowd.....
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Wesley R. Cole
Doc, there were some nice 30's, 40's and 50's vehicles there.. A few trucks, a few muscle cars, etc.

Not everything down there had airbags...

I made the trip for $35 in fuel, and got 18.61 mpg for the trip (Approx.) and that included driving in whitesburg, etc.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Ahem! You know what's coming, right?
Attached Images

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Did I read in another thread that there's another show in Whitesburg next weekend?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Did I read in another thread that there's another show in Whitesburg next weekend?
I think that's Doc's show....

Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM

Wesley R. Cole

My girlfriend MADE me take pics of this one..

There, ya pic hounds!

Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call it a show, but I'm hosting a second annual gathering of the members of the 1948-56 FTE forum at my place. About 18 members will be there, with about 12 trucks total (counting my own). It's pretty small and laid back. We'll just sit around the campfire and see who can tell the tallest tale. This gathering is MUCH different than Heritage 2K. We're much older (I'm probably the youngest at 39), and, considering it happens on my private property with my kids riding their bikes up and down the driveway, I keep a pretty tight leash on who attends and how they act. Campsprings, you are welcome to come by and take a look if you want. I work very hard to limit it to people we "know" on FTE. One guy is already here. He drove his 1952 F-1 with a stock flathead from a place called Albuquerque (I'm not sure, but I think that's on the other side of Hazard somewhere ). I live between Blackey and Whitesburg out in the sticks. I've worked really hard to keep it a family-type atmosphere. You won't see anybody flopping around drunk (or some dude wearing a Batman mask), and we'll probably all be in bed by midnight. I know--the police are on standby. Our cruise is nothing more than the period correct trucks riding up through town, up on Pine Mountain, getting lunch, and then coming back to my place.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Post Fiend

Doc, if there's any way I can do that, I will. Weekends have become very busy for me with the kids and sports. I would love to bring the family down to that part of the state. They've never been there. In fact it's been a while since I've been there myself. I was down near Harlan on 119 a couple months ago.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I wouldn't exactly call it a show, but I'm hosting a second annual gathering of the members of the 1948-56 FTE forum at my place. About 18 members will be there, with about 12 trucks total (counting my own). It's pretty small and laid back. We'll just sit around the campfire and see who can tell the tallest tale. This gathering is MUCH different than Heritage 2K. We're much older (I'm probably the youngest at 39), and, considering it happens on my private property with my kids riding their bikes up and down the driveway, I keep a pretty tight leash on who attends and how they act. Campsprings, you are welcome to come by and take a look if you want. I work very hard to limit it to people we "know" on FTE. One guy is already here. He drove his 1952 F-1 with a stock flathead from a place called Albuquerque (I'm not sure, but I think that's on the other side of Hazard somewhere ). I live between Blackey and Whitesburg out in the sticks. I've worked really hard to keep it a family-type atmosphere. You won't see anybody flopping around drunk (or some dude wearing a Batman mask), and we'll probably all be in bed by midnight. I know--the police are on standby. Our cruise is nothing more than the period correct trucks riding up through town, up on Pine Mountain, getting lunch, and then coming back to my place.
I guess I'm literally a blacksheep at 24; In that I could literally go to Heritage and then drop by Doc's and have 0 issues with the non-alcohol, etc...

They changed my schedule at work, and instead of getting OFF work at 4pm, I now have to go IN at 4pm. I seriously wanted to cut someone...

So unless some wild weather kicks up in the manager's head, I'm not gonna be able to make it, Doc.

But feel free to hop over to the BS threads, etc! Good to see ya on the boards.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM