View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 AM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Krewat
There is a "master reset" in the settings menu. How to Perform a Master Reset | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

This will wipe out any customizations you've done, as well as the bluetooth pairing to your phone.

I found that even after multiple master resets, and pulling the MFT fuse, and even the "delayed reboot" available on the net, pulling the battery cable for an hour fixed a problem I was having with SiriusXM Traffic and my navigation system (this is on my Taurus). In my case, there was something going on between the satellite radio, and the navigation system, and the MFT wasn't really the problem.

With your issue, I'd say a simple MFT reboot might help. Pulling the battery cable is probably the easiest way to do this. In my Taurus, the MFT fuse is buried under the dash somewhere. In your truck, it might be very easy to get to. If so, I'd pull the fuse for 10 minutes and see what happens. Otherwise, disconnect for battery.

Report back
Thanks Art,
I was able to do a master reset thru the system menu on the radio. The voice prompt came back but then I had some trouble pairing my phone again.
Long story short, got some technical help from my son-in-law (a techno geek) and he got the phone to link back up to Sync.
According to Ford's Sync website, there is a major upgrade happening to the Sync system. Maybe this will fix the bugs I've been having in my rig.

Thanks again. I never considered pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery. It'll be something I try next time I run into a problem.